Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A great training tool for classroom or for personal use! In recent years, Barron's American Accent Training has gained wide respect as a self-teaching program, but more and more speech trainers, teachers, and speech therapists report that they are also using it as a valuable teaching tool in their speech classes. This new edition now comes with downloadable audio. The program goes where no American accent training tool has gone before, providing highly innovative instruction for both students and business people.
- The structure of the book has been reorganized, offering students a much more clear and direct sequence of lessons and a path to better understanding
- The downloadable audio component features professional male and female voices that have been carefully selected to represent authentic American pronunciation and intonation
- Pronunciation exercises encompass all vowel sounds, consonants, blends, and diphthongs
- Emphasis on linking, or phonetically transcribed sound liaisons, help students "see" the correct sounds
- Designed for foreign-born students and business people working, traveling, or studying in the United States and Canada
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION