Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Developed by prominent early childhood special education experts Jennifer Grisham-Brown and Kristie Pretti-Frontczak, this book is a natural followup to the bestselling, widely adopted Blended Practices for Teaching Young Children in Inclusive Settings. Future educators of young children will get the research and recommended practices they need to
- conduct authentic assessment during children's natural routines and play activities, so their true abilities can be accurately measured
- use assessment to inform effective program planning, both for individual children and groups
- ensure that their practices are aligned with DEC and NAEYC recommendations
- involve families as collaborative partners in the whole assessment process, from planning the assessment to determining if the results represent the child's abilities
- select and use assessment instruments with documented evidence of technical adequacy
- conduct eligibility assessments and identify children for special services under IDEA
- assess children with diverse abilities, including children who have severe or multiple disabilities, are from diverse cultural backgrounds, and are dual or multi-language learners
- engage in assessment to plan and revise quality instruction
- collect reliable program evaluation data at classroom, program-wide, state, and national levels
Guiding future educators through every aspect of skillful assessment, this textbook gives readers vignettes of common dilemmas teachers may encounter, classroom examples featuring diverse children, and practical aids such as assessment checklists and excerpts from select tools.
An essential textbook for all preservice early childhood educators, this book is also a key resource for a wide range of in-service professionals-from principals and consultants to teacher study groups. Educators will learn how to confidently implement high-quality assessment and reap its benefits: inclusive, family-centered programming that improves outcomes for all children.
A featured book in our Successful Screening and Assessment Kit!
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION